Home

UFO Report

Vid Juke Box

Wolfs Page

3D Gallery

3D Theater

80s Rock Scene

COMMENTS

SEND YOUR COMMENTS: Swapsale@aol.com

From: paul davies <daviespj@hotmail.co.uk>
To: swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Fri, Jun 20, 2014 4:25 am
Subject: Dan Dare Cosmic-jet ray gun

Afternoon,

I am trying to acquire a 1950's Dan Dare Cosmic-jet ray gun (Crescent toys...water pistol).

Can you help (a box would be nice...!) ?

Paul Davies

Paul is hoping a Swapsale reader can help him with this. -- Bruce/Swapsale

-----------------------------------------------------

SENT 8-21-13:

Dear swapsale,

yesterday the Space Patrol Shirt arrived here, well wrapped. It arrived here after around two weeks at the customs office. The envelope wasn't opened at the customs office, but I've to provide paperwork, and I've to pay a few euros for tax, customs was free. This Shirt is really nice. I like the old science fiction shows, and their designs very much. I'm very happy with the quality of this Shirt. The Shirt fits me very good. Thank You for this great find.

Positive feedback follows.

Greetings from Germany

- klingonmartin

----------------------------------------------------------------

FROM DR. WARREN CHANEY (6-24-13):

Hi Bruce,

Over the years, you’ve archived exceptional images, articles, memos, history and the like, most of which should be preserved. Posterity is seldom interested in its generation's "collections" beyond its ever-diminishing numbers of fans. However, history has taught us that in 20 years beyond a specific generation, the interest multiplies exponentially.

Trouble is, in the “old days” there was no way to preserve much of the history beyond the original generation. Take a look at the keen interest in the civil war, the mid to late 1800s, etc., which has currently revived. The same thing happened in the 50s, as the public sought information on the Wright Bros., Thomas Edison, Boris Karloff, Lone Chaney and the like.

Just my way of saying, that aside from having a really good website - you perform a valuable public service and a service to an important era of American History.

As far back as we can look, the culture of a people has always been preserved by its images. In our case, it was the comics (a legitimate form of literature), film, television and all its attenuating collectibles.

Now - if the revival would only happen in our lifetime, right?!!!

Best regards,
Warren

PS: I think I mentioned that many years ago, a company of mine (Syndicate Films) - a film lab in Dallas - located the missing two Lone Ranger serials. The search and discovery process brought me into the company of many who then, held the Lone Ranger copyright and those who had once worked for Trendle-Campbell-Meur, Inc. Stories I gleaned from them gave me a different insight into what had actually occurred with the character. It helped having Clayton Moore as a close friend and Fred Foy as an acquaintance. I owe it to a former undergraduate professor who put me in touch with Fran Striker a few years before his death. Fred was in his mid to late 50s at the time (Fred died young - if you consider 59 young. He was killed in a car crash. Such a talent, what a waste). Over time I was left with a much different perspective on the character than the one written by so many of our modern historians.

I normally let most things go. In other words, when legend is repeated more often than the truth…print the legend. But since The Lone Ranger is a very distinctive part of America, it might be good to shed a little light.  I didn’t realize that it was going to take so many pages to do so, however.

SWAPSALE RESPONDS: As site visitors may already know, and as can certainly be gleened from this email, Dr. Warren Chaney has been a driving force in protecting and preserving the cultural forces he talks about.  That is particularly true of The Lone Ranger character and the TV show Space Patrol.  I urge all Lone Ranger fans to check out this week's article which presents the definitive history of that character.  You can find it here.
---------------------------------------------------------------

FROM ELLIOTT SWANSON (5-20-13):

As I recall you're a 3D fan...

Just went to this con a few weeks ago down in Portland. A few of the 3D snapshots I took are interesting, and I included two frames from a lenticular I made for the event, just for fun. Sort of an Outer Limits tv set gone wonky image of H. P. Lovecraft.

The Cthulhu figure was a lead cast kit, about seven inches or so tall, and weighed a ton-- originally had 13 parts I think (with three missing-- there was a center spine ridge between the wings I also had to make).  As a kid he was a Lego builder, but not a model builder, so it just kept getting moved around his room with parts falling out of the box every time he moved it.

The white bits in the "before" picture are resin castings I rough cast and then resculpted. It was designed as a figure for an RAFM board game "The Call of Cthulhu" where people got together, smoked a lot, and rolled those weird dice to play while they moved lead cast figures they'd painted around on a giant table. There were a bunch of lead soldier sized figures of professors, explorers, and lesser monsters made for "The Call of Cthulhu", but I don't know the details, since neither of us was into that style of gaming. We just thought the Cthulhu monster kit was cool as we walked past a gamers shop window, so I went in and bought it.

Apparently, there are still people who prefer this style of gaming over computer gaming, because Sandy Peterson (who designed the original Call of Cthulhu) is preparing to market a new Cthulhu big-board non-computer game-- the green resin figure he's holding up in one of the 3D photos is a prototype of a 200mm Cthulhu figure that's part of it. The new figures (as I recall Sandy has designed over 60 of 'em) will be resin this time instead of lead. Lead castings probably carry too much product liability baggage, but in a way, it's a shame-- lead has history-- people have been playing with hand-painted lead soldiers for several hundred years.

I don't know how close this fits with the swapsale site, but there are a hell of a lot of HP Lovecraft fans out there, and the history goes back to early issues of the Weird Tales pulps. Robert E. Howard and Lovecraft used to correspond...

Good article on the upcoming Cthulhu Wars game:

Lovecraft's writing was sort of spotty, but it contained new concepts and launched a genre. Even the Argentinian literary giant Jorge Luis Borges liked some of his stuff. There's a great conversation with Borges that mentions Lovecraft in Paul Theroux's "The Old Patagonian Express" where Theroux drops in on Borges during a stop on his train trip from Boston to Esquel in Argentine Patagonia. BTW that book's a great read. Theroux essentially gets on a commuter train in Boston and keeps changing trains until he ends up in Patagonia!

-----------------------------------------------------

FROM WAYNE GREENOUGH (4-30-13)

Hi Bruce.

In 1954 I was discharged from the Navy.  At home I discovered my parents had a television set. Saturday morning was a great day for me. I could watch the kiddy shows. Unhappily there's nothing like them anymore. Bruce, you should be given a medal for bringing them back for all of us nostalgia people.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Wayne

Wayne is the author of numerous cool books, some of which can be found here: http://www.waynegreenough.com/

----------------------------------------------------------------

FROM SCOTT COLBY:

I had great fun staging the Ming spaceship and Buck Rogers spaceship with miniatures from Hydra miniatures (http://www.hydraminiatures.com/index.shtml) and Ming cities models from  Space Combat Wargaming (http://www.hangar18fasa.com/about_us_38.html)

I intend to stage the Space Sheriff and (eventually when I can afford it) the Martian Rocket with miniatures (Radon Zombies and U.S. Rocket Corp) from Pulp Figures (http://pulpfigures.com/home/). Great fun!
 -----------------------------------------

FROM ELLIOTT SWANSON:

In regards to Swapsale's "Planet Patrol" series, I have to say it's more in contact with the fifties than anything I've written (and also, I couldn't hope to draw that well).  I've recently started a Space Patrol book, but different in many ways from the original program. In my story, as an adult, I put myself into it. The value system is an adult value system with shades of gray, not just good guys and bad guys. Once upon a time, there was only good and evil, but that isn't remotely close to the way people behave in the real world. Because of our crazed religions, the rule of God is based upon the concept of vendetta, from Jesus to Mohammad to Buddha.  If it wasn't, we wouldn't kill each other in the name of God. Face it. As a species, we're insane. My little story explores this concept, with a little Space Opera thrown in.

ES

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From:Dr. Warren H. Chaney To:Bruce David <swapsale@aol.com>Date:Fri, Apr 5, 2013 3:59 pm

Warren Chaney (left) and Joe Weider

Hi Bruce,

I was just flipping through this week's Swapsale edition, casually reading your current obituary section and was shocked to see so many friends of mine show up there.

It started with Joe Weider (I did know of Joe's passing).  I'd worked with Joe for many years way back before I started in the film & television industry (evidenced by that "youthful" picture that's attached). At the time of the photo, I was writing a longer series of articles for his publications including some of his editorial commentaries. He'd come up with the idea of a Ms. Olympia and wanted to stage a the first one somewhere in the East. Joe wanted it to be a big event since it would be the first female bodybuilding event of any size. A couple of guys named George Murphy and Arnold  Schwarzenegger were recruited for the production effort as was I and several others. In turn, I brought in the DynaCam Founder and inventor of the exercise cam, Lloyd Lambert. Philadelphia was selected as the site, DynaCam Industries signed on as a sponsor and the push was on.

Joe and Lloyd wanted a non-bodybuilding "name" for the event who would draw press. They wanted someone who perhaps wasn't a bodybuilder but was strongly attached to exercise.  So I asked a friend of mine living near Phoenix to make appearances for us.  Buster Crabbe (Flash Gordon, Tarzan, etc.) was well known at the time and true to form, drew large numbers of press and television interviews. He in turn, got Lambert and Joe excellent coverage.

I remember Lloyd was looking for someone his company could sponsor for this first event.  We started looking for him and found a young girl over in west Texas who had actually build a fantastic body while really using Lloyd's equipment,  The girl, Rachel McLeash won the first two Ms. Olympia contests and went on to become a female bodybuilding legend.

But back to Joe.  He was an extremely nice man…very bright and with it. Even then in his early sixties, he was muscular and had strength to go with his intellect.  There's no doubt but that Weider is the reason bodybuilding is so acceptable and where it is today.  Before Joe Weider, it wasn't. Now, it's main stream and many enjoy the benefits of progressive weight resistance, thanks to him. He'll be missed.

Then Bruce, I turned your page and read that Patti Paige had passed away. She was a major name in pop music for many decades.  My memory of her was her appearance in the sitcom episodes of MAGIC MANSION which I wrote and directed in the mid sixties. In fact, I wrote an episode especially for her titled, "That Dog in the Window."  I recall that she required little rehearsal and gave a flawless performance. The fact that the show was an acting piece and broadcast live, didn't phase her.  But the haunting memory I have of Patti Paige was the sound that came from her dressing room following the show.  As she was changing clothes, she was humming and singing her classic, "Tennessee Waltz."  Now – the series was broadcast from Okinawa and anything that was "American" was warmly greeted by the troops.  As I looked around, I noticed that everyone had stopped in their tracks and even my crusty old first sergeant stood with tears in his eyes.

Stan Musial was an older man and one knows you cannot live forever, but you hope some people do.  Stan was one that you hoped that would.  When I was a kid growing up in a small Kentucky town, I won a "paperboy" contest, the prize for which was a trip to Busch Stadium in St. Louis. The newspaper's circulation manager escorted the few kids who won and while at the stadium arranged for us to meet famed Cardinal's pitcher, Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese.  Reese and Dean were broadcasting the games at the time and were extremely nice to us kids. In fact Reese set it up for us to sit in the dugout during the game.  You sure can't do that today, but you could then.  I got to sit next to Stan Musial and I can tell you, it was one of life's major thrills for a baseball fan like me. One of my great regrets was that I was too shy to ask him for an autograph. Decades later, I was interviewed on a St. Louis television station and related the story…and my regret.  Several weeks later, a package arrived at my home. It was a large autographed photo of Stan Musial. He'd hear the broadcast. To read of his passing was another sadness.

When I got to Harry Carry, Jr.'s passing, I stopped. I thought if I went any further, I might find my name.  Harry was a quiet man, an actor appearing in virtually all of John Ford's films and many others as well. I got to know him in the 80s when he and I would cross paths at the various film festivals where I was either speaking or simply attending to watch films.

So you see, my friend.  Swapsale is not just entertaining, informing and current. It can be moving as well. You pay very nice tributes to these people in the industry that are passing on. I like the fact that you cover the names and those of lesser stature who contributed to our world, nonetheless.

Many thanks.

Your buddy,
     Warren

-----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Greenough
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Cc: waynegreenough
Sent: Sun, Mar 31, 2013 10:05 am
Subject: Major Mars.

Hi Bruce.  Major Mars is great.  I’d like his membership card.  Bring back the good old adventures. I’m tired of the garbage television and the movies deliver to us on a daily basis.  I’m steeped in nostalgia. I have a lot of serials, black and white westerns and radio programs.  Major Mars fits perfectly into what I collect.  Thanks, Bruce, for making Major Mars available for all of us to see.

Wayne

----Original Message-----
From: Wayne Greenough
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Cc: waynegreenough
Sent: Sat, Feb 16, 2013 8:16 pm
Subject: Sundays Editorial

Hi Bruce,

So true about writing.  I’ve been e-published a dozen times.  My 2012 check amounted to $28.00. My two computers that I write the stories on cost $1400.00 a year.  Why am I a writer and going broke?  I don’t know.  But thanks for the article. It lets me know I’m not alone.  In fact I’m probably among the majority. LOL

BTW, this year my writing Is making a little more of the green stuff, but it still doesn't begin to pay for the monthly bill of my two computers.

Wayne

I've written for television and magazines but the only way I could really survive was to work a nine to five job as a magazine editor. -- Swapsale

From: J.Wilson
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Sun, Feb 17, 2013 7:34 am
Subject: Flash Gordon - Herb Deeks models - Jonathan.

Hi Bruce,

Herb Deeks models all received safely.

They are fantastic - I love them!

Many thanks for packing them so well.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

-----Original Message-----
From: Al Clabaugh
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Sat, Feb 9, 2013 2:04 am
Subject: Andy Andersen's Space Patrol Museum

Greetings,

I am a new fan of the Space patrol and wanted to drop you a line and say I love your site.....Been doing alot of internet research on space patrol and found your site on a search........Must say that you have a premeire site with lots of info and I have spent hours going through it.

Can you tell me where Andy Andersen's museum is located?.....I have searched the entire site and I cannot find anywhere  on your site that indicates a location.  I am in Northern California.

Alan A. Clabaugh

Swapsale responds:

Thanks for the kind words about my site.

Regarding Andy's museum, alas, it only exists online -- on my site.  Up until a few years ago it existed in a structure on his property in southern California -- a renovated garage.  It was never a "museum" in the sense that it was open to the public.  But Andy was always happy to open it up to Space Patrol fans.  Unfortunately hard times forced Andy to sell off much of his collection.  Sorry to say, the last time I spoke with him he indicated that most of the good stuff was gone.

Wish it were otherwise.

Bruce
Swapsale

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Elmo sent us a whole bunch of really cool pix.  Here are a few of them:

Amazing photos of 2012.

A seahorse inspects a diver's watch

An illuminated snow tunnel in Russia

Felix Baumgartner jumps from 71,580 feet

The Waterfall Island at Iguazu Falls

From: Michael Hruska <carmika1@gmail.com>
To: swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Dec 3, 2012 8:21 pm
Subject: Caren Bohrman

Hi Bruce-

Thanks for responding to my phone call and remembering Caren in the editorial you posted on your website.

Will keep you informed about memorial for Caren in LA which will be, most likely, on Sunday, January 6th.

Also liked your editorial about hitch-hiking and Jack Kerouac. I did a lot of hitch-hiking back in the 60's and early 70's. But the longest treks were done in Europe, Morocco, and Algeria, not America. I, also, am surprised I survived that hitch-hiking experience as a solitary teenager. It was a fearlessness and risk-taking that almost no one would ever consider these days. I grew up in New Jersey, as well. Rumson.

Best Regards,
Mike Hruska

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Robert Stroud <filmreviewjournal@gmail.com>

swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>

Sat, Oct 27, 2012 9:13 am

I am sorry, I have been traveling for the past months and somehow missed your email (overseas journalistic assignment). Your Space Patrol Story was outstanding. I must admit, even moving. I was surprised that I became emotional when one of the central characters was killed and then I realized that what had happened was that your author had humanized the characters in the novel to such an extent that you cared what happened. I thought the closing chapter wrapped up the story quite well except it is obvious that there is another book coming. Congratulations Mr. David. You guys not only told the Space Patrol story but you actually made it far better than the original series. Can there possibly be a film in the works?  Keep up the good work. Robert

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM, <swapsale@aol.com> wrote:

I passed your email on to Warren Chaney, the author of the Space Patrol novel.   Meanwhile, if you have no objection, I will post your email in the "Comments" section of my website.

Please advise.

Bruce

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM, <swapsale@aol.com> wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Stroud <filmreviewjournal@gmail.com>
To: swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Wed, Feb 22, 2012 4:13 pm
Subject: your book

I found your website accidentally and enjoy it greatly. I am loving this book you are writing. What a novel approach to sci-fi. Wonderful story and character development. How many chapters are you writing and can you put them up even faster. Two weeks is a long time when you're waiting.

Thanks,
Bob Stroud

Planet Patrol

From: Warren Chaney

August 31, 2012

Just a word — that I've been meaning to write after each issue I've followed over the run of your Planet Patrol comic series.

The word is "great". I could use other words to describe it like imaginative, creative, good looking women, exciting and well thought out. But, I think the word "great" covers it all.

So many comics in the sic-fi genre take themselves overly serious and become dull imitations of their more successful predecessors. However, you have a wonderful "tongue in cheek" quality in Planet Patrol that is both contemporary to the times and humorous.

Very well done. Keep up the good work…expand it even. I would love to read even more with broadened publication.

Best regards,
    Warren Chaney

Thanks, Warren. We this story runs its course we will release it as an ebook. --Bruce/Swapsale

TO CATCH BRITT BURTON OF THE PLANET PATROL FROM THE BEGINNING CLICK HERE.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Stapleton <fasteruk@gmail.com>

Thu, Jul 26, 2012 2:30 pm

Diana Dors autographed water skis

Not sure if you can help or maybe point me in the right direction. I was at an auction and bought a pair of water skis as i run an events company and thought these would make a good prop. As i was loading my van a guy came up to me and said 'you got a bargain there especially as they're signed by Diana Dors' which took me by surprise and he had to point out where as i (along with anyone else) couldnt see it.

I have attached a picture of the signed part and these are very old wooden water skis but as i have no COA or any paperwork im a bit wary of the authenticity of these. If you know about these things or know of anyone i would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction.

Thanx

Andy

Can anyone help him with this? -- Swapsale

MURRAY MAYO, NOEL BARRETT, MARLENE MAYO

Hi Bruce,
 We took a mini vacation in Pa.  We were staying at the Black Bass Hotel in Lumberville, Pa. where we met Noel Barrett.  Murray recognized him immediately.  We approached him and told him how much we enjoy the Antiques Road Show, especially him.  He was so approachable, charming and gracious.  He was in the company of friends but never made us feel we were intruding.  His friends were also accommodating in that they did not seem disturbed by our interruption and gushing enthusiasm.  I also gave him your website as I thought he would find it of interest.
Love,
Marlene

Marlen is my sister. -- Bruce/Swapsale

---------------------------------------------------------

From: Travis Kelly
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2012 09:44:36 -0700
To:
Conversation: MAD Magazine
Subject: MAD Magazine

Do yourself and pick up a copy of the
NEW MAD Magazine -- friggn' hilarious comedy and satire. If anybody gives you shit in the checkout line, just say you're buying it to cheer up your quadriplegic nephew. What the National Lampoon used to be. Here's some selections from the last two issues:

Travis Kelly Creative

-----Original Message-----
From: Dr. Warren H. Chaney
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Apr 9, 2012 1:54 pm
Subject: Re: Sherlock & other stuff...

Hi Bruce,

Great issue as always.

>>Re: Editorial -- "The problem with all of the foregoing is that the the government seems to prefer cover-ups and the media refuses to report on these events and facts in any meaningful way." <<

It is amazing how you have come around to my way of thinking over the years...or is it, that I have come around to yours?!!!! Either way, the fact remains that as long as the press is in the pockets of our politicians, the nation's future is at stake. Of course, that we remain an uninvolved and uninformed public makes the intolerable, worse.

Onto other stuff, I'm amazed at how "Wonder Woman" keeps getting better and better looking. Nice pages, Bruce.  She's far more pretty than the old rather "stocky masculine image with breasts" from the 40s. Thanks for the update of the TV shows - particularly "Sherlock." Interestingly, I found the new series actually better than the feature films. Great writing, good updating of the stories yet within the keeping and boundaries of the originals. I know some find it "reprehensible" that Sherlock lives in the modern age - as if the current producers were the first to do this. Fact is, the first Sherlock Holmes film with John Barymore, moved the famous detective into the modern era of the (then) 20s. The later Hollywood "Clive Brook" film did the same as did some of England's Arthur Wontner films.

Everyone's favorite, Basil Rathbone began a Sherlock series at MGM during the "official Conan Doyle" period. However, when he moved to Universal for their long run, the character was as now, updated for the time to the war years of the 40s. As with the current series, they producers remained true to the characters.

Take care buddy,
     Warren
BASIL RATHBONE AS AN UPDATED 40s HOLMES

BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH AS SHERLOCK HOLMES

CLIVE BROOK AS SHERLOCK HOLMES (MODERNIZED)

MICHAEL PENNINGTON AS SHERLOCK HOLMES

EVERYONE'S FAVORITE – BASIL RATHBONE AS HOLMES AND NIGEL BRUCE AS WATSON.  SCENE FROM AN "UPDATED TO THE 40s" FILM.

AND OF COURSE, FROM THE LONG RUNNING BBC SERIES WITH JEREMY BRITT AS HOLMES:

AND NOT TO EXCLUDE THE CURREN 'FEATURE FILM' HOLMES, ROBERT DOWNY:

I appreciate the kind words about my site.  I agree it has gotten better recently and I pin-point the start of that improvement with your Magic Mansion contribution, followed by the on-going bi-weekly chapters from your Space Patrol novel, which really is the icing on the cake.  Whatever contributions I've made to improving the site have been inspired by you.

Regarding my editorial: the only way we disagree is that I'd submit it's the politicians who are in the pocket of the media.  Or more accurately, in the pocket of big business which includes the media.

Hope you had a Happy Easter. -- Bruce/Swapsale

------------------------------------------------------------------

To: Swapsale@aol.com ; Olszewski    Michael Frank
>    Sent: Monday, April 02, 2012 12:02    PM
>    Subject: HJ Ward Superman
>       Very cool site!? Do you have any information on    reproductions of the
HJ Ward painting of Superman?? Let me know when you    can at my home email at:?
jannmike@roadrunner.com
>    ?
>    Many thanks!
Can anyone out there help him with this? -- Bruce/Swapsale

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

SENT BY MIKE "ROCKY" ELMO ON 2-14-12:

BEAUTIFUL.  OLD AND NEW CRAFT

GOD BLESS AMERICA!   HE DID THEN AND HE CONTINUES TO BLASS OUR MILIARY IF NOT OUR POLITICS!

THERE ARE ONLY SEVEN P-38s IN FLYING CONDITION LEFT IN THE WORLD OUT OF OVER 10,000 BUILT.
FIVE OF THE SEVEN WERE AT THIS SHOW

NICE OLD GUY NEXT TO A P-38.  ACTUALLY THERE'S QUITE A BIT MORE TO THE STORY THAN THAT.
THIS IS COLONEL BILL HARRIS.  NOW 94 YEARS OLD.  HE WAS IN A WHEEL CHAIR AND HAS GREAT
DIFFICULTY WALKING THE FEW STEPS TO POSE AT THE PLANE.  HE'S A WW II ACE WITH FIFTEEN
AERIAL KILLS OF JAP AIRCRAFT AND FLEW ON THE MISSION THAT SHOT DOWN AND KILLED
JAPANESE ADMIRAL YAMAMOTO.

THIS PLANE IS PAINTED EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE HE FLEW IN THE PACIFIC.

THE NEW F-22 RAPTOR.  IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN ONE FLY YOU SHOULD MAKE EVERY EFFORT
TO DO SO IF THEY'RE AT AN AIRSHOW NEAR YOU.  THEY MAY BE STEALTHY TO RADAR BUT
THEY SURE AREN'T TO NOISE.  NEVER HEARD A PLANE THAT YOU COULD FEEL AS A STRONG
PRESSURE ON YOUR CHEST WHEN IT FLEW BY WITH FULL AFTER BURNERS ON.

THEY'RE A VERY SINISTER LOOKING TITANIUM GREY.

THE F-18s THE BLUE ANGELS FLY HAVE 35,000 POUNDS OF JET THRUST.

THE RAPTOR HAS 70,000!  UNBELIEVABLE MANUEVERABILITY.

IT CAN HOVER LIKE A HARRIER JUMP JET AND STOP AND TURN 180 DEGREES IN MID-FLIGHT.

JUST UNBELIEVABLE TO WATCH.  I WANT THESE GUYS ON OUR SIDE.

ITS BEEN SAID THAT IN A COMBAT SITUATION, THERE ARE ONLY TWO KINDS OF PLANES IN THE AIR SPACE, F-22 RAPTORS AND THEIR TARGETS.

ALL FIVE OF THE P-38s

P-38 NOSE ART

THE TWO WW II ACES WITH THE GREATEST NUMBER OF KILLS, MAJOR RICHARD BONG
AND MIKE MCQUIRE BOTH FLEW LIGHTNINGS.  THESE GUNS MAY EXPLAIN WHY THEY
GOT AROUND 40 KILLS EACH

HONEY BUNNY

ALLISON V-12 IN A BEAUTIFULLY RESTORED MUSTANG

I WONDER HOW MUCH THE ALUMINUM POLISH COSTS

B-25 MITCHELL BOMBER

DELUSIONS OF GRANDEUR

BUSINESS END OF HER TWIN F-15 ENGINES.  F-15s HAVE NEVER BEEN BEATEN IN ACTUAL COMBAT.  NEVER.

GENUINE WW II WILLYS JEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER HELPED BUILD AT THE WILLYS OVERLAND PLANT IN TOLEDO

SENT ON 2-27-12 FROM: Lt_Garver <info@rogersrocketships.com>

Hailing all Space Patrollers and Space Opera Fans,

HELP!

I’m working on an artwork for the upcoming Sci-Fi Show in Seattle next month.

I would like to use Ed Kemmer, “Commander Corry” as a model for my work but I need a specific pose exactly like the one on the attached thumbnail.

Does anyone have a hi-rez picture or a  good resolution scan of the artwork on the front of “Giants of Pluto #3” ?  If so, I’d appreciate it if you could email me a copy as soon as possible. I’m trying to meet a deadline.

In the meantime, I apologize for the interruption and I wish you all,

Good luck, Clear Space and

safe landings,

Jon

Jon C. Rogers

RogersRocketships.com

For the honor of our past

and the hope of our future

Rogersrocketships is dedicated

to preserving our Spaceship heritage!

SENT BY WARREN CHANEY (AUTHOR OF THE TELEVISION ARTICLE MAGIC MANSION AND ALSO THE ON GOING SPACE PATROL NOVEL:

I got an email from a very well known ventriloquist from the late 40s, 50s and 60s named Peter Rich. He was also a good writer, well published, etc. I'd written him as a kid and then in '67 when I was doing Magic Mansion, Peter was touring the far east and appeared as a guest on the show. When I entered the film business (disease) I neglected ventriloquism and over the years lost touch with him.

Anyway - unbeknownst to me, he'd been trying to locate me for decades and did so only after reading SWAPSALE's articles on the show. He tracked down Robert who gave him my email. The really interesting thing is that Peter Rich is 92 years old. I thought he'd probably passed away long ago. But - not at all and he's quite lucid.  Small world, huh?!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

SENT BY MIKE ELMO ON 1-11-12

The producers of this beer commercial borrowed a small 150 seat cinema playing a popular film, and filled 148 of its seats with
Rough-looking, tatooed bikers, leaving only two free seats in the
Middle of the theater. They then allowed theater management to sell tickets for the last pair of tickets to several young couples.

What would you do?

Watch till the end ...

REGARDING SWAPSALE'S CHRISTMAS EDITORIAL:

From: Warren Chaney

Date: Dec. 26 2011

Your Christmas sound like mine. We have the "right & left" factions as well. You're left if you're from Austin or UT and right if you're from Dallas, Houston, San Antonio or Texas A & M. Very funny the codes messages. Shows you the divisions in the nation these days.

Your site looks great as always. I like the way you've set up the stories and who cannot enjoy Betty Paige, the Amazons, or the Durango Kid (in that order).

Take care buddy,
      Warren

From: Elliott
To: swapsale <
swapsale@aol.com
Sent: Tue, Dec 27, 2011 5:17 am
Subject: great editorial!

Warmed the cockles of my heart, it did...

Also, I discovered Warren's new SP book. I've downloaded it.

Elliott

FROM SWAPSALE'S SISTER:

Marlene Mayo

Fri, Nov 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Liked your new time machine graphic.  Also your new photo (it lends itself to an air of sophistication, an updated 1940's journalistic look).  Of course, the editorial struck a chord in me.  There are things in your life you never forget, emotionally and visually.  I still remember the actual feelings I had as a little girl.  I remember Buster Crabbe not being as thrilled as I was standing next to him. A lesson in life, one's feelings are not necessarily the same as as the other person's.

Love,

Marlene

P.S. Good response to Bassert, who is obviously intelligent but misinformed. Nice comment from Aaronson.

To be clear, my sister is referring to Mr. Bassert's position on the Occupy Wall Street protesters.   She lives in New York City and she has been to Zucotti Park where the protesters had been encamped. -- Swapsale/Bruce

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: John Bassert
To: swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Nov 15, 2011 6:09 am
Subject: misplaced political commentary

I like your website very much but find that much of your political commentary to be annoying. Nowhere was it more so than in your unqualified support of the recent radical mobs ignorantly protesting what they didn't understand while adding millions of dollars of damage to their places of occupation all at taxpayer expense. I did not like the tea baggers either but they at least, knew what they were there for, were respectful and cleaned up after themselves. All this and they there were by far, a much larger group.

I find it interesting that the outcome of all the media hype regarding this bunch of misfits has come to no good end as they are being tossed out now by the very politicians that endorsed them. These little occupy groups were like most anarchist groups which have no message other than overthrow and take. It seems it only took time and exposure to expose the mayhem, crime and corruption of these Occupy everything mobs bent on everything from rape and murder to disruption and destruction.

Even more insightful was the fact that when interviewed, these little idiot misfits had no clue about what they were even there for other than sex, drugs, booze and fun. The nation has not seen such ignorance on display in more than a half century when identical socialist infiltrated groups overran Germany and installed Hitler, Italy and installed Mussolini, and Russia and installed Stalin.

Liberal Mayors are now throwing the misfits out on their ear, while ordering them to vacate and take their deification and squalor with them. This is very telling. Obama and virtually the entire Democrat Party along with corrupt big labor and other fascist socialist groups totally aligned themselves with the park trash and look where it got them. What the misfits totally misunderstood is that their problems were not where they were rioting and pooping on cars but in DC itself.

No one put it better than FRANK MILLER, one of the misfit's heroes. The  mind behind many of their favorite comic book character movies - including 300The Dark KnightBatman BeginsSin City - unleashed an epic rant on Occupy Wall Street protests. Correctly calling them out for the debauchery they've turned into.  Here is just part of Frank Miller's rant: “Occupy” is nothing short of a clumsy, poorly-expressed attempt at anarchy, to the extent that the “movement” – HAH! Some “movement”, except if the word “bowel” is attached - is anything more than an ugly fashion statement by a bunch of iPhone, iPad wielding spoiled brats who should stop getting in the way of working people and find jobs for themselves."

That pretty much says it all. I strongly feel that Swapsale in aligning itself with socialists of this ilk does the very heroes it writes about and supports a disservice.

Respectfully - Bob Bassert

I appreciate your commentary.  Of course I disagree with your assessment of the Occupy movement.  My kid was down there with the OWS protesters for two weeks and he says your characterization -- based on political spin and reports in the corporate media -- is flat out wrong.  I do agree that the Democrats are corrupt but, as I see it, so are the Republicans.

My position is simple: We, the American people have lost control of our democracy.  I'll bet you agree with that too.

Thanks for the kind words about my website -- the political stuff aside.  As  for the political commentary, I love the idea of having a dialogue -- exchanging differing views is the essence of our democracy. -- Bruce/Swapsale

EMAIL FROM LINDA AARONSON DATED 11-30-11:

i love the articles on early television. how nice that you have them written by oldtimers that were actually there. i just took a course on tv history at a local college and I got more out of your articles than i did the whole course. i was telling my dad about this tv series that you write about and he remembers it. said he watched it in his army days even though it was a kids show. says there were two levels for the show which is why the show went so long. he also said the show went much longer than two years. he watched it in Thailand and said 4 years later he was still watching it when he was stationed in germany.  i didn't think there were any early people left to write so thanks for finding them. keep up the good work - linda aaronson

------------------------------------------------------------

LETTER FROM DAVID CAMERON (AUTHOR OF MAGIC MANSION REVISITED PARTS 1 & 2

10-29-11

Dear Mr. David,

Yes, I saw the article and thank you.  It looks great.  My family is thrilled. I am working on Part Three right now. I had to travel to Miami this week and so I am a little late in getting started. Ella (my wife) is reminding me to talk more about some of the backbreaking labor as well as some of the personalities that were so significant. Some of these will be personal impressions and as with anything I send, please feel free to edit.

I sent the link to many of my friends who have responded in a very positive way. Eddie and his friends were altogether this week as he was showing his buddies his grandfather's work.

It is still amazing to me that there are those who can still remember this show since it was so long ago and really back in the dark ages of  television. Well television started in the late 40s but only grew in the 50s with almost no change at all until 1967. Most shows broadcast were taken directly from radio programming of the time. There was a little original drama but not much. I know that our show caught the attention of the commercial networks because we were not doing a kids variety show but a full blown comedy that today, would be called a sitcom. Jackie Gleason did the Honeymooners in the 50s live as we were doing but most shows of the late 50s and 60s were either filmed in 16mm or they weren't broadcast. We had kinnescope which was a very poor medium by any definition but it was what we had. Without it, we would not have broadcast in some 165 countries. I remember when videotape came in. We were so relieved. Of course we could not edit but our broadcasts could then be sent out and looked better. Not great, but better. Eventually, videotape improved and we could edit but Magic Mansion was gone from the air by then.

I had a call from the magazine publishing company that does all of these Sunday supplements. He had apparently read about Magic Mansion somewhere and wanted to do a feature. I referred him to your website although I think he had already been there. As you might guess, I am not a writer so what you get are the faint memories, recollections and musings of an old man. Change them as you like.

I will have part 3 to you shortly. Eddie thinks I should give part 3 a title first and then say part 2. Guess I should have done that with part 2. Oh well!

Sincerely yours,
David

To see David's fascinating articles click on the links below:

MAGIC MANSION REVISITED

MAGIC MANSION REVISITED PART II

Comment for your editorial:

It’s great that this is happening and I can understand your pride in Jordan.

Of course it’s nothing new that money thinks money can do no wrong, but time and time again money has had to be disabused of that notion. Let’s hope money makes a course correction before money is not just disabused of that notion, but abused for that notion. The consequences, though necessary, are usually not lovely for anyone.

Perhaps these young people will make a convincing dent in fat blockheads before it gets to that point.

Jim Culleny

The writings of Jim Culleny can be found here: http://blinkutopia.wordpress.com/2011/10/06/legislated-theft-we-are-not-your-tools-or-fools/

From: wc porter <porter88030@yahoo.com>
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Thu, Sep 22, 2011 5:39 pm

Could you please find me the gum card of William C Porter II,  It was title

"Luzon's Sergeant York"  He was my grandpa and I have nothing of his.  He trained the philipino scouts and was in the Bataan Death March.

Thank you for your time.  If needed feel free to contact me.  5754940467

Sincerely, William C Porter IV

Sent to us by Ceil Andersen as a group email on 9-9-11:

SUBJ: I THINK SHE'S PISSED!

THIS SENIOR CITIZEN NAILED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Simpson, [Republican] Senator from Wyoming , Co-Chair of Obama's deficit commission, calls senior citizens the Greediest Generation as he compared "Social Security" to a Milk Cow with 310 million teats.

August, 2010.

Here's a response in a letter from PATTY MYERS in Montana ... I think she is a little ticked off! She also tells it like it is!

Listen up. Direct from Ms Myers:

"Hey Alan, let's get a few things straight..

1. As a career politician, you have been on the public dole for FIFTY YEARS.

2. I have been paying Social Security taxes for 48 YEARS (since I was 15 years
old. I am now 63).

3 My Social Security payments, and those of millions of other Americans, were
safely tucked away in an interest bearing account for decades until you
political pukes decided to raid the account and give OUR money to a bunch of
zero ambition losers in return for votes, thus bankrupting the system and
turning Social Security into a Ponzi scheme that would have made Bernie Madoff
proud..

4. Recently, just like Lucy & Charlie Brown, you and your ilk pulled the
proverbial football away from millions of American seniors nearing retirement
and moved the goalposts for full retirement from age 65 to age 67. NOW, you and
your shill commission is proposing to move the goalposts YET AGAIN.

5. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying into Medicare from Day
One, and now you morons propose to change the rules of the game. Why? Because
you idiots mismanaged other parts of the economy to such an extent that you need
to steal money from Medicare to pay the bills.

6. I, and millions of other Americans, have been paying income taxes our entire
lives, and now you propose to increase our taxes yet again. Why? Because you
incompetent bastards spent our money so profligately that you just kept on
spending even after you ran out of money. Now, you come to the American
taxpayers and say you need more to pay off YOUR debt.
To add insult to injury, you label us "greedy" for calling "bullshit" on your
incompetence. Well, Captain Bullshit, I have a few questions for YOU.

1. How much money have you earned from the American taxpayers during your
pathetic 50-year political career?

2. At what age did you retire from your pathetic political career, and how much
are you receiving in annual retirement benefits from the American taxpayers?

3. How much do you pay for YOUR government provided health insurance?

4. What cuts in YOUR retirement and healthcare benefits are you proposing in
your disgusting deficit reduction proposal, or, as usual, have you exempted
yourself and your political cronies?

It is you, Captain Bullshit, and your political co-conspirators called Congress
who are the "greedy" ones. It is you and your fellow nutcases who have
bankrupted America and stolen the American dream from millions of loyal,
patriotic taxpayers. And for what? Votes. That's right, sir. You and yours have
bankrupted America for the sole purpose of advancing your pathetic political
careers. You know it, we know it, and you know that we know it.

And you can take that to the bank, youmiserable son of a bitch.

If you like the way things are in America delete this. If you agree with what a
fellow Montana citizen Patty Myers says, PASS IT ON!!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent to us by Philip Groves 8-24-11:

Important Graphs and Charts 2011:

From: Dr. Warren H. Chaney
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Date: Fri, Aug 19, 2011 1:17 pm
Hi Bruce,

Well buddy, Ratigan makes some excellent points and we may have found some common political ground. As he says, raising the debt limit was idiotic; the President and Congress did shaft us; its been going on since Wilson and the politicos’ only interests are power and the next election. Though one wouldn’t know it from the media coverage, there are many Democrats and Independents in the Tea Party movement for that very reason. Its what has much of the Republican mainstream in a current panic. The Tea Party group wants to throw them all out. It’s focus is financial not the bedroom or what one eats, smokes, or drinks. If we don’t take care of that, nothing else will matter.

I do think that after the 2012 election we will see a much needed overthrow in the Democrat Party and a continued one in the Republican one.

I’m telling you its a dark night when I wake up agreeing with Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.

Take care my friend,
      Warren

From: Harry Walsh
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 07:57:55 -0700
To: Bruce David
Conversation: swapsale
Subject: swapsale

Bruce,

In my view of the current economic mess, all problems are derived from the Bush regime.  It is not possible for our economy to be healthy through the cost of two unnecessary, simultaneous wars, especially given the costs of enriching favored corporate war contractors.  Following 911 what should have happened was an intense hunt for the criminals behind the attack. If captured alive they should have been tried in appropriate courts. The Wars on Terror were expedient actions falsely initiated under the cover of the national shock generated by the attacks. The real goals were corporate and political enrichment and an excuse to suspend the basic rights of American citizens.

Also, the economy was further damaged by the Bush tax cuts, especially those for the wealthy. What Obama inherited was a (nearly) hopelessly deteriorating economy. His attempts to fix it were checked by an energetic, racist, painfully ignorant, segment of the population that simply could not tolerate a Black president, and whose passions were constantly enflamed by a powerful, like minded media guided by a powerful, plutocratic minority of the ultra rich.

A confident country, with an educated population would have trusted the American system to deal with the 911 criminals and would have tools to allow them to easily see through the Fox News based propaganda system.

As it turns out, the 911 attackers are very close to having destroyed us—to their total victory—by enabling the lunatic Right, by undermining our confidence in our justice system, by causing us to suspend fundamental rights and by accelerating the movement of all capital to the hands of the tiny minority of influential, ultra rich. All this has happened because of the Bush group’s greed-driven idiotic response to the 911 attacks and opportunistic moves to capitalize on the attacks.

Beyond the immediate economic concerns, today the undercurrent of fear is more deeply based on the growing awareness that there is not enough room and resources on the planet to support a continually growing population. The fundamental difference between Republicans and Democrats is that knowing this wealthy Republicans seek to gain control of as much of the planet’s resources for the survival of themselves and those close to them in class and ideology, at the expense of the powerless.  I think of this as “the Cheney world view.”  Interestingly, this same view is likely held by most of the rank and file on the Right who have deluded themselves into thinking the plutocrats will include them in the “fortress America”.  Fueling this delusion as enabled Republicans to win votes of impoverished, bitter supporters who regularly vote against their own interests.

Democrats, or more precisely Lefties, on the other hand, also see the same problems but are dedicated to finding room in the “lifeboat” for everyone.  It is a fundamental difference and it is at the core of the conflict between Left and Right.

Finally, I believe that the success of a society should be determined by the condition of its least fortunate members.  Hopefully those on the Left subscribe to this measure as well.  I also believe that reintroducing many of FDR’s programs would resolve the current economic crisis, especially a modern version of the WPA aimed at repairing and building a new infrastructure, especially a nationwide high speed rail system.

Harry Walsh

---------------------------------------------------------

From: Wayne Greenough
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Cc: waynegreenough
Date: Sat, Aug 13, 2011 7:52 pm

You certainly hit the nail right on the head.  I agree with  what you wrote.  The gangsters like Al Capone and others we used to have could teach Sunday School compared to the crooks we have in 2011.  Glad Swapsale is back.

Wayne

------------------------------------------------------

AUGUST 6,2011

FROM JIM CULLENY

Whatever your view of where we are now and how we got here and who's responsible (my view is in line with the Editor), there seems to be a growing consensus that congress is a major part of the problem (congress and the Supreme Court which, as Bruce noted, last year gave corporations the legal right to buy a politician without limit).

In general terms: this government no longer works �more specifically, it definitely does not work for the poor and middle class. You see these greedy bone-head reps and senators dancing here and there, tripping over their own feet, until it comes time to make sure they stay in office, then they're regular Michael Jacksons. In fact, the latest rediculous congressional mudfight over the debt ceiling shows how dysfunctional congress has become.

In that light I'm including the contents of an email forwarded to me that makes perfect sense. It would be a huge step in taking the U.S. back from congressional parasites who make a career of living on the public dole and private bribery.  Please read it and pass it along if it makes sense to you.

EMAIL:

This is bipartisan in nature and is going to both Democrat and Republican. We should all seriously consider helping with the change suggested below. This is something I will fight for and I hope you will too. This is short so please read it all the way through and then forward. You will be glad you did.

The 26th amendment (granting the right to vote for 18 year-olds) took only 3 months & 8 days to be ratified! Why? Simple! The people demanded it. That was in 1971...before computers, before e-mail, before cell phones, etc.

Of the 27 amendments to the Constitution, seven (7) took 1 year or less to become the law of the land...all because of public pressure.

I'm asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.

In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed around.

Congressional Reform Act of 2011

1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman collects a salary while in office and receives no pay when they are out of office.

2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system and Congress participates with the American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.

3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all Americans do.

4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.

5. Congress loses their current health care system and participates in the same health care system as the American people.

6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.

7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this contract with Congressmen. Congressmen made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their term(s), then go home and back to work.

If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will only take three days for most people (in the U.S.) to receive the message. Maybe it is time.
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!!!!!

July 25, 2011

From: Dr. Warren Chaney

Hi Bruce,

You’ve got the best “fan” website on the net, my friend. I’m not just saying it.  You really do. I was at an actor gathering in Chicago recently and was stunned at the numbers of people that regularly go to your site.  I shouldn’t be stunned, of course...this should be expected.  But you know, when its one of your good friends that’s doing so well you don’t credit them as you should. This is sort of the “Prophet in his own country” philosophy. But let me correct that error.  The site is great.  I really is! Congratulations!!!! I know you’ve worked really hard on it over the years.

Now – I was tempted to reply to your political commentary being the conservative I am...but then that would take time and you might start demanding the next chapter of Space Patrol. So – I chickened out.

Take care my friend,
     Warren

Dr. Chaney is a film maker and long time expert on all things Space Patrol.  He is also an accomplished computer artist as you can see by the image below. -- Bruce/Swapsale

From: Monique Garvanian <mlg110503@yahoo.com>
To: swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>
Date: Sun, Jun 19, 2011 8:15 pm
Hi,
The attached pics are 3 cels sets I have. I've been holding since the 70's.
Can you help me with value.
I can't find one Dinky Dog on line.

Monique L. Garvanian

Does anyone have info on this? -- Swapsale

--------------------------------------------------------------

From: Sjlamanna
To: swapsale <swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Mon, Jun 13, 2011 4:10 pm
Subject: Sal re: tv shows

Dear Bruce:

Netflix now has available on instant download/play Ed Kemmer's The Hot Angel, and two other movies he had brief appearances in:  Hong Kong Confidential (appears in the latter part of the movie) and Mara of the Wilderness (appears in the beginning part of the movie). Also, Giant From the Unknown and Earth vs.The Spider (both of which he starred in) are available on Netflix.

Best regards,
Sal

Ed Kemmer, for those of you who don't know, was the star of the 1950s TV show, Space Patrol

-- Swapsale

Sent to me by mistake.....it must belong to you!!!!!!

ALRIGHT, who sent this to me?

WHOEVER SENT IT, send it to SOMEONE that COULD benefit from it, OKAY!

--Sent by Mike Elmo 6-4-11.

From: Wayne Greenough
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, May 28, 2011 10:14 pm
Subject: editorial of 4/9

Hi Bruce,

Well, I prefer DC comics over Marvel.  Concerning The Green Lantern, I’ll buy it when it comes out on a DVD.  I prefer Alan Scot’s Green Lantern to Hal Jordan’s.  But then the younger generation might not know about Alan Scot.

As a kid I read Captain America and really enjoyed the character.  If the movie adheres closely to the origin story I’ll buy it on DVD.

I really enjoy Swapsale, Bruce, and look forward to it every Sunday.  Hang in there.

Wayne

------------------------------------------------

From: Wayne Greenough
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, May 3, 2011 10:14 pm
Subject: editorial of 4/9

Very interesting article and so true.  On the same day the wife and I went to our accountant of many years to file our Income Tax.  We’re to receive $24.00 in return.  Last year it was $43.00.   Twenty years ago or close to that we would receive around $1,000.00 back.  Quite a difference, huh?

Our accountant’s tax fee is $127.00.  To file our income tax we lost over a $100.00.  Such is life in century 21.

Try to have a nice day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

From Mike Elmo 4-10-11.  Mike is the guy who sells the Space Patrol, Rocky Jones, Captain video, Tom Corbett jackets and T-shirts.

Greetings Fellow Cadets,

It is my VERY SAD duty to report to you that my Friend and the man who does the FINE JOB of Embroidery of my Jackets, Hats and Shirts has passed away. Due to my work schedule, I did not find out about his passing, which was in late January, until yesterday and I was VERY saddened by the news. Warren had a bout with Cancer two years ago and was doing well until he had a relapse last December, after I had visited him and he went down hill very quickly and passed in late January. We all will miss his dedication to quality in all the items that he produced for me and all Cadets who have bought Classic Space Opera Items from Swapsale and me. His Family will still produce these items, but I will not compromise on top quality for my Jackets and the like, so I'll have to see how the Family does with a few new items that I gave them yesterday. I think all will be good since Warren taught them how to do my items, I'll keep you all posted.

I will miss Warren VERY, Very much as he was a GREAT GUY!! He loved fishing and boating and the outdoors and had some GREAT stories of when he was in the Service with the Air Force and was stationed in Alaska, would go fishing and forget that the sun did not go down in the Summer and fish for over 24 hours and then wonder why he was getting so sleepy! Yes, I will miss him!!

Till later Cadets, Spaceman's Luck,

S.R. Mike E

You can find the jackets and T-shirts here -- Swapsale

REGARDING THE EDITORIAL OF 3-19-11 -- "THE FUTURE OF NUCLEAR POWER"

On  3/21/11 11:48 AM, "Jim" <jimculleny@comcast.net>  wrote:
You get the feeling the wheels are falling off? The  term Biblical Proportions comes to mind. It's like riding down rout 46 in a  beat-up TR3 and seeing your tire bouncing away in your rearview lit by the  headlights of oncoming cars.

Too many fucking people, too many with  hair-brained ideas occupying wisdom postions. The globe is starting cough us  up.

Jim

My old friend Jim reminds me that this actually happened to us right after he bought the Triumph 3 -- Bruce/Swapsale

-----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Jim Culleny.

FROM ELLIOTT SWANSON FEB 26, 2011

BLADE RUNNER GUN

I finally have the mechanism perfectly tuned and aligned. Next... the installation of lasersights within the top shroud, so it can actually be aimed!

I've decided to stay with the "used future" look-- some of the models of the BR gun I've seen are far too pretty. BTW I now have a holster for it...

Elliott

FEBRUARY 26, 2011

From: Clay <og-min@msn.com>
To: Swapsale <Swapsale@aol.com>
Sent: Tue, Feb 22, 2011 4:09 pm
Subject: Bruce David/Space Patrol/Llura The Pirate Queen...

Hi Bruce; My name is Clay Mantley and Jean Noel told me to contact you. My mother Angela Mantley who is 87 now, once appeared as Llura The Pirate Queen in some episodes. Her stage name might have been Angela Carrol then. I was emailing with Jean Noel and we think one episode she appeared in  might be #84 "The Mystery Of The Flying Pirate Ship". My parents met at the Pasadena Playhouse and my father went on to become the executive producer of the television show "Gunsmoke". I see Glenn Strange played one of the men on the deck of the pirate ship in #84. He went on to play the bartender in Gunsmoke on TV as well as a stint as Frankenstein in a Universal film. Though my mother has a bit of Alzheimer's, she still remembers the Space Patrol show and her role. It would be wonderful if we could acquire a copy on DVD. Do you happen to know that episode or how I can acquire it, or any info on Llura's appearance on the show?.
Thanks very much for any help...Clay F. Mantley

RE THE GREEN HORNET MOVIE FEB 2011

I won’t go see it! I grew up with the Green Hornet.  I love it as much as I love The Lone Ranger.  Damn, how could Hollywood be so stupid?

I'm 79 this month and the original Reid Legends are sacred to me.  I won't and can't accept any other versions

Wayne Greenough

Wayne is the author of a number of books.  You can google his name to find them -- Swapsale

SKY KING ADMIRAL PROMO SENT BY WARREN CHANEY FEBRUARY 26, 2011:

FEB 19, 2011

WHOA!!!!!!!  How cool are these items.

As I understand it, The Rocket Launcher Platform was part of a Ralston Purina/Mike Moser deal that was worked out the (one time giant) grocery chain, A&P.  I have only seen one of these in my lifetime and that was when I was a kid.  However, it wasn’t at an A&P but at a general purpose department store, in this case “Caycee Yost” of Hopkinsville, Kentucky.  After the mid 50s they were gone. Again – I’m not sure, but I believe this came out in 1953.

I know that the May’s Department Store in LA had one because it shows up in the Time Magazine photos taken at the time.  But, it’s in a far background shot.  I’ll see if I have it.

Interesting trivia – you’ll notice that the model is labeled the X-4. In the previous season there was a similar looking Space Patrol “Experimental Rocket” the X-RC.  It was after the X-RC that the Rocket Cockpit was originated (and sold in the series)

If this remaining rocket is not one of a kind – it’s got to be close to it.  I’ve never seen another since childhood and have never even seen this good of a photo of it, much less the one in current color.  Remarkable!  Did the fellow saw how he obtained them?

The image with the space craft was a giveaway premium deal between Admiral Television and furniture stores that carried their TV and Admiral Appliances. It was around 1954 or 55.  There were, I think – 4 sets that came as cardboard punch-outs.  This is one, another was a Disney’s Peter Pan set w/Neverland, etc.  the third was a western motiff and the 4th was Sky King, based on the popular Kirby Grant Saturday morning television series.
***(Hi-Res Pics sent of all via Pando)

To get one of these, all a kid had to do was walk into the furniture store and ask for one.  Of course, parents were urged to come along.  I got one by doing just that.  As a youngster, I passed by KEACH’S FURNITURE COMPANY in the town I grew up in (Hopkinsville, Kentucky).  I got pretty excited seeing what I thought was the nose cone of the Terra IV.  So, without hesitation I walked into the store and asked for one.  In this day and age, a “lone kid” would have no chance getting one.  They’d quickly size up that I was of not financial advantage to them and would quickly brush me off.  However – then wasn’t now.  They salesman at the counter was very nice and said, “Sure son!” They didn’t have the Television/Space model, so I ended up walking out with Peter Pan version.

I’ve never seen photos of the following item either.  Neither have I seen it on Ebay.  The rocket ship is obviously one from Space Patrol but I suspect all the other figures are generic to the space opera of the day.

The cap was part of an offering from the May Company only.  This was one of some 4 or 5 caps carried by them under the Space Patrol banner.  It’s an unlikely candidate for Space Patrol but so was their “Space Patrol Jungle Helmet” that looked like it was left over from a Jungle Jim Exhibit. Another hat was their “Space Patrol Field Dress” hat (which I happen to have) that looks like an Army Major’s field commander cap.  It’s kind of neat.  Then were was a “Space Patrol Straw Hat” that always seemed strange to me.

This cap is cool though.  It has the feel of an earlier “Buck Rogers” cap that was sold in stores. Could even have been the same, I don’t know. Many of the toy companies did that (eg the Tom Corbet Play Set became the Space Patrol Play Set by adding a few SP characters and changing out the name on the fort).

These pieces are all extremely rare.  The caps and premiums are nearly impossible to find and for sure the ROCKET RIDE is impossible to find. They’re so rare that Jean-Noel is unaware of their existence since she failed to write about them.

Hmmm.  Think I’ll work the RocketRide into one of the upcoming chapters.

Let me know what comes of these, if you can find out.

Take care buddy,
   Warren Chaney

------------------------------------

FEB 18, 2011

Andy has no info on the first two items.

The third was put out by Admiral television in 1953, and had four set ups and a
stage in a flat envelope.  They were punch outs...you put them together, one was
Sky King, one was Space Patrol, he doesn't remember the other two,but the  Space
Patrol figures were wrong.  He is fuzzy on the details, but had one about 25
years ago.
You put each scene together, and then put it on the included stage, also puch
and put together. Each scenario was interchangeable with the stage.
Here are some pictures of first the Sky King Punch out and then some pages in the book.

Ceil/Andy Andersen

FEB 6, 2011:

Hi,

I was at your website and thought you might like to see the enclosed Space Patrol items I own.

Space Patrol Coin-Op Kiddie Ride

As a collector of coin-operated kiddie rides (mostly rocketships), I believe this model made by Exhibit Supply, Chicago, Il to be the "one and only". In my 15 years of collecting kiddie rides, I have never seen another so mine may actually be the one in the b&w Exhibit Supply press release photos...maybe just the prototype was built? I love the checkerboard square tailfin. I have been tempted to restore it but as the saying goes, "it's only original once".

Admiral TV Punch-Out Diorama

Here's another item I've never seen before. This is a punched-out cardboard diorama which I assume was a promotional giveaway from Admiral TV...it actually has a few different TV shows in the set so you can choose which to assemble. I have 2 of these...one fully assembled (as pictured) and one in unpunched sheets.

Not Quite Sure

Maybe you can help me. Another "one of a kind" I have is a children's helmet which I assume is a Captain Midnight or Spy Smasher item. I know nothing about it and have tried to find info to no avail...do you know what it is? The only thing I could find is that, in A Christmas Story, one of Ralphie's school buddies seems to be wearing something very close to what I have.

I've got lots of oddball stuff but these immediately came to mind when I saw your website.

I'd be curious to know your thoughts about the enclosed.

DOES ANYONE KNOW THE YEAR OR VALUE OF THIS ITEM?  SITE VISITOR GEORGE M. WOULD LIKE TO KNOW. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.  CONTACT ME AT: Swapsale@aol.com 1-29-11

SUBMITTED BY MIKE ELMO: GET OUT AND ENJOY NATURE

THIS IS THE HOSTESS OF AN ITALIAN TALK SHOW...

THIS IS THE HOSTESS OF AN AMERICAN TALK SHOW...

WHERE DID WE GO WRONG?

Sent by Mike Elmo

------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Robert Muleady
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 11:53:48 -0700
To: Bruce David <swapsale@aol.com>
Subject: Fwd: I'm so sick of selfish sports stars!

Wimbledon hopeful Simona Halep wants surgery to reduce the size of her breasts.

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL THIS KID THAT WINNING ISN'T EVERYTHING!!

THIS SELFISH SPOILED LITTLE BRAT SHOULDN'T BE SO

CONSUMED WITH "WINNING MAJOR TENNIS TOURNAMENTS"!!!

WHAT ABOUT US.... THE HARD-WORKIN EVERYDAY FAN????

34DD's?  FOLKS PAY TOP DOLLAR FOR HOOTERS LIKE THAT!

AND  MANY OF US PAY TO SEE THEM.

AND THIS LITTLE BRAT WANTS TO HAVE THEM "REDUCED"?

THE NERVE OF SOME PEOPLE. ...

------------------------------------------

From: Theo Williams <theo@northwest.net>

> To: Swapsale@aol.com

> Sent: Sat, Jul 31, 2010 8:42 pm

> Subject: RE: Seth Rogan As The Green Hornet....WHY, Oh Gods???

>    Bruce: As a fan of the Hornet from his earliest incarnation---on

> radio---I think casting Seth Rogan in the upcoming GH movie is a bad

> joke gone way, way too far. The preview I've seen looks as if it was

> scripted and edited by middle-schoolers, and THAT's what the producers

> expect to sell this movie with? To whom? Who do these people think

> they're kidding? It's a mess, pure and simple...Sigh...

> ?                                                     Yours in Pained

> Sympathy---Theo Williams?

Well put -- Bruce/Swapsale

------------------------------------------------------------

From: Wayne Greenough
To: Swapsale@aol.com
Sent: Sun, Jul 25, 2010 7:06 pm
Subject: Green Hornet.

Right at the beginning the newspaper said BRITT REID DEAD AT 62.  That was enough to kill the movie for me.  Hollywood is full of idiots that think they know how to make movies.  BRITT REID IS THE GREEN HORNET AND THEREFORE BRITT REID NEVER DIES

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bruce,

I was saddened by your editorial this week. Not by anything you have done of course. I have purchased Tapes & DVD’s from you in the past and they were always top notch and of outstanding quality. I cannot believe this Humphries guy was going to try and capitalize on your business in this manner. I was disappointed to hear about Jean-Noel Bassior and her connection.

I just want to say I read your editorial every Sunday and your website is great. I wish I could buy more DVD’s at this time to help support your efforts.

I do not know you personally but you are a genuine person.
Keep our Space Age & 50’s heroes alive!

Best Regards

NAME AND EMAIL ADDRESS WITH HELD BY REQUEST

You're comments (and the ones below) are very much appreciated. BTW, I still haven't heard from Humphries regarding the defective DVD he sent me. -- Bruce/Swapsale

-----------------------------------------------------

Hi,

My name is Steve Sullivan and I'm an independent filmmaker living and working in Wales, UK. (If you are interested, my work can be seen on my website www.stevesullivan.co.uk)

I just wanted to say thanks for keeping on plugging with your fantastic website Swapsale.com I'm an avid reader and try and check in once every few weeks for a relaxing dip into whatever mine of arcane, cool oddities you've assembled.

Any website that combines sexy aliens, steam toys, old movie posters, early animation ephemera, 3D, Bettie Page and comics is just perfect by me. You cover many areas that I love but always manage to show me something I haven't seen before, and its not often someone manages to do that.

So thanks, and keep up the great work.

Steve

www.stevesullivan.co.uk

Steve's got a cool website.  Check it out -- Bruce/Swapsale

-I completely agree about Avatar.  i really liked it.  surprising so.  saw it on x-mas day.  got there early to ensure good seats.  3-D was very cool.  i'd like to see it again on the IMAX... we'll see.
 hope 2010 is already a good one for you.

talk with you soon.

best, pmk

-----------------------------------------------

In a message dated 12/7/2009 9:54:12 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, blackhawk@knology.net writes:
Bruce,

Rocky Jones is my second favorite of the '50s space shows, after Tom Corbett.  I prefer it to Space Patrol, though I know that is a minority opinion.  What I'd like to see is the complete Rocky Jones series on DVD transferred from high quality film prints.  I bought the complete series on DVD a while back, but was disappointed when it turned out to be video captures from TV.  The picture quality was okay but nothing special and it even had the network logo in the corner of the picture.  Given what it cost, I was not at all satisfied.  I have all the Alpha Video releases of Rocky Jones but they vary in quality a good deal.  As I mentioned, Alpha's Crash of Moons is pretty good but some of the other Rocky DVDs are mediocre, to say the least.  And I must admit I prefer the individual episodes to the "movies" like Crash edited together from the episodes.  If you ever get the whole series of Rocky to put on DVD, I would very much like to help with that project.

Dan

me thinks you're a little too harsh on seth rogan... though he may not be the ideal pick as GH, he's not without talent... he is funny... maybe not all the time... but very good in Knocked Up & Pineapple Express.

- pmk

-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Sjlamanna
To: Swapsale
Sent: 11/15/2009 11:58:11 A.M. Pacific Standard Time
Subj: space patrol hat and your site

Hi Bruce:

It will be great if you are able to reproduce the Space Patrol hats....you can depend on me to buy several of them.  Also, I have already hinted to the wife about some more Space Patrol apparel for placing under the Christmas tree.  As has always been the case, your business ethics from previous purchases has been outstanding.  I do not hesitate to recommend you to anyone contemplating purchasing from you.

Your  web site is a pleasure to visit every week.

My best wishes for you during this difficult economic times.

Best regards,
Sal LaManna

------------------------------------------------------------

READ THIS EMAIL CHAIN FROM THE BOTTOM TO THE TOP:

Larry writes:

IImagine thousands of people, wearing these hats, and these uniforms, coming from all points across the country, gathering together at one central location, holding a massive convention which will be beamed throughout the earth- millions watching throughout the globe....the media looking on in astonishment .. it catches on…a fad!

It spreads like fire, everyone, diplomats, monarchs, Presidents, all dressed as space cadets! A statue is erected to “Happy” on the mall in Washington, DC…The Emmys creates The Jack Narz Achievement Award…The new space shuttle is named The Terra V…The Lyn Osborn hair style is all the rage…world currency is replaced with “credits!” People naming their babies Buzz, Robbie, and Tonga- children eating "Wheat Chex", "Rice Chex", and "good hot,  Ralston."

AAAHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Larry

Swapsale's response:

You know, making repros of the hat is a good idea.  I'll look into that.

I only have one autographed pic.  I'll be keeping that.

I have some cards autographed by Kemmer before he died.  Just plain black cards signed with a silver pen.  I plan on including them with the first ten DVDs of SP Gold Edition # 4 when I have time to transfer the next batch of Kinnies.  I also have those Tom Corbett DVDs autographed by Frankie Thomas and Jan Merlin. That's about it.

Bruce/Swapsale

In a message dated 11/7/2009 11:54:53 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Larry writes:

You have to make repros of the space patrol hat!!!
Oh, any autographed pics of ED KEMMER???
Larry

Swapsale's response:

Yes.  You get a flicker.

No re IOffer.  Maybe I should check it out.

Regards,
Bruce

Larry writes:

So cool! How did you get all of those kinescopes? I guess that if you try to transfer 16mm with one of those little boxes with the screen in it (I have one in the box-unused) that there is a flicker-is that true?
Do you sell over ioffer? I know that you do on Ebay. I often read magazines which are about old movies. I suppose that their readership must know about your website.
By the way, the menu on your DVD, the blue starfield with the Space patrol Logo (in color) and the ship, man that knocked me over! VERY professional!!!!
As for heros back in the 50s and 60s-Roy Rogers, paladin, Superman etc. yeah, that was the ONLY good influence on my life. Those programs made me who I am!
You are doing a great service!!! I will check out your site again!
Larry James

Swapsale answers:  message dated 11/7/2009 3:15:45 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Hero029 write

I absolutely agree.  We had heroes back then.  And the future held promise.  By watching those shows we are transported, if only for a short while, back to that time.  As for offering up more shows, that's my intention.  We have over a hundred kinescopes of Space Patrol that need to be converted to DVD.  But we are a small operation and time is hard to come by.  So, for that matter is money.  It costs a thousand dollars to convert four half hour episodes to DVD and that doesn't include duplicating them for sale.  This at a time when the economy is in the toilet.

You may have noticed that we've added a few new features to our website.  New Comic releases, new DVD releases, for example.  It's my attempt to broaden the site's appeal,  hopefully without taking away from my true love and interest, the 50s and 60s.  That's to get the number of visitors to the site up, figuring in turn it will increase sales.  We will see how that works.  But the thing is, while doing that I have less time to produce new DVDs.  Then too, soon as I put these things out they get pirated by people who sell them for half my price which they can do because it didn't cost them a thousand dollars to create the DVD (plus a few thousand more to buy the kinies) and because they don't have them professionally reproduced.  Any way, I'm sure I'll get around to making more transfers eventually.  Hang in there with me.

Thanks for your support, by the way.  It is truly appreciated.

Regards,
Swapsale

In a message dated 11/6/2009 8:58:33 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, Larry Parker writes:

I have bought lots of your VHS tapes in the past! I wish that all of the Space patrol programs could be had on DVD! It has always been one of my favorites! The live aspect added to much to it. I miss programs like this that were on TV when I was a little kid. I used to watch Rocky Jones. Then, as I grew up, I'd ask friends if they rembered the show-NO ONE DID! That's why it is so great to watch some of those on DVD! I used to play that I was Rocky Jones when I was a kid!
Love your website too!

Larry  James
==========================================================================================================

From: rocky1950@comcast.net
To: swapsale@aol.com
Sent: 10/18/2009 8:03:20 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: Captain Lou

Hey Cadet,

I can tell you of a classic encounter with Captain Lou and several other Pro Wrestlers back in the late 1960's. I was at the Baltimore Civic Center with my Dad to see the Pro Wrestling  event for that Saturday night. During intermission, I went to try and find the concession stand and rest rooms and got lost. As I wondered down and down trying to find my way, I heard several rather loud voices and laughter coming from behind a pair of large doors. So, I went in and found myself in the middle of the Wrestlers dressing room! I was in a corner of the room, just inside of the dual doors, so the Wrestlers did not see me. They were all talking and joking when Cowboy Billy Watts asked," Hey Bruno, are we all going out tonight to that Italian Restaurant your Friend owns" ? Bruno San Martino was about to answer when Gorilla Monsoon saw me and said, " Hey Kid, what are you doing here"? Well, I have to tell you, when you are being starred down by, Cowboy Billy Watts, Gorilla Monsoon, The Golden Terror, Bruno San Martino and several others, I was about to put some chocolate in my pants! But then, Captain Lou came over to me and gave me a smile, and asked why I was here. I told my story of my search for the restrooms and the concession stand and he laughed and told me how to find my way back to the stands. He also said, " Do Us a favor and don't tell anyone about how We act here in our dressing area". They were all just a bunch of COOL GUYS doing what they loved to do and DID enjoy each others company!

Captain Lou was a GREAT GUY!!

From: space_patroller@spacepatrol.us
To: Swapsale@aol.com
Sent: 4/20/2009 11:23:50 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time
Subj: In Re: Your Buck Rogers Editorial

Here is what I have

Buck Rogers 1930's radio serial

My Buck Rogers Page

YouTube Buck from the 1930's

Movie made from the 1939 serial

Space Patroller Laser: Visit me at

Live the Continuing Adventure at...

Where Pluto is STILL a planet!

Bruce

In a message dated 4/18/2009 5:53:05 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, xanaduwhc@yahoo.com writes:
ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Warren

On 4/11/09 8:39 AM, "Space Patroller" <space_patroller@spacepatrol.us> wrote:

This is the economic stimuls for the united Planets of the Solar System

Shoes

From: Mamie Van Doren <mamie@mamievandoren.com>

Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 1:59 pm

We who remember the foot x ray machines are the generation whose feet glow in the dark.

I remember them from the Buster Brown shoe store, but luckily I'm still able to walk in 6"

fuck me heels.

Love and Kisses,
Mamie

------ Forwarded Message
From: Lance Wolf
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:30:22 -0800
To: Bruce David
Conversation: New Enterprise
Subject: New Enterprise

She looks like 1950-Lincoln-Continental

Cadet Laser responded to my editorial of 10/05/08 with an editorial of his own.  I disagree with him on this issue (there's no doubt in my mind that the Milton Freedman philosophy of deregulation is entirely responsible for our economic meltdown) but here's a link that will allow you to make up your own mind:

My philosophy is best summed up by the quote below.

10-12-08

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote of the Week

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."

Thomas Jefferson 1802

From: Mike Elmo

Rocky1950@comcast.net

10-12-08

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a message dated 8/25/2008 9:06:35 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
emperorofmongo@gmail.com writes:

My shirt came in the mail today after, what? three business days? Really
> prompt!
> And it looks great.(on me...or so says my wife).

Thank you so much.
 If my camera were working, I would attach a picture of myself wearing
it. And brandishing my futuristic looking Mauser pistol.
 Perhaps in a few days.

Thanks again for a really high quality item, and what I suspect is a
labor of love on your part.

Peter J. D'Alesandre

You look great, Peter.  How about the rest of you Space Patroller's sending in some nice pix like Peter did?

In a message dated 4/20/2008 9:18:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time, space_patroller@verizon.net writes:
I read about the UFO Report and it concerns me enough that I must express my concern based on what I know.

First, the "model" for the UFO thing is that of "grays' and abductions. This model was created by the Betty and Barney Hill story. Two things here.
1 In the lat 1970's Alan Hendries in THE UF0 INVESTIGATOR'S HANDBOOK reports that in an interview with Betty Hill.that he did, she repeatedly pointed to the empty sky saying that there ere UFO's flying there
2. in 1992 or 3 on his talk show on WSAR 1480 AM, John Greenwood, show host and news reporter said that he did an interview with Betty Hell and she kept pointing to "UFO";s in a sky that was empty

It is apparent, from two separate sources, that she is psychotic and spreading falsehoods. Since that has become the "model" for the UFO movement today, anong with some really nutbag stuff, like astral projection and "paranormal" and much of what was founded by Helena Blavatski, who's material on the Aryans was incorporated into the beilefs of  Erst Roem and the Nazis, it were better that it not be spread

On the Solar Guard BBS our own "Cosmic Kev" reported that he saw a taped interview in which two members of the original Adamski party said that they cooked the whole thing up based on seeing THE DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL

Flying saucer group studues are classic works of mass hysteria and cult behavior in Socioligy and Abnormal/Clinical Psychology

The whole thing issuspect enough for me to advise persons to stay many many light years away from it. The deleterious effect it has on one's credibioity leads me to say "don't touch that tar baby"

Failing that let me recommend two things. Before you post anything
1. Consolt with Rory Coker
2. make use of my anti-urban legens board

Getting involved with this kind of thing can do a real job on one's credibility and there are times that one's credibility is all one has

I stand by my original statement (see Editorial dated 4-20-08).  While it does not strike me as impossible that advanced life forms from other solar systems are visiting us, none of what I post in UFO Report should be taken at face value.  Skepticism is always warranted with this kind of thing. (One of the videos I posted this week is clearly a phony but I posted it anyway because, well, it looks cool.)  Debunking individual cases like Barney and Betty Hill's or Adamsky's does not invalidate all the sighting ever made, many of which have been reported by airline pilots, some of which have been reported by multiple simultaneous witnesses spread over a wide area.  I myself, on two separate occasions, have seen things in the sky I could not explain.  I hesitate to call them UFO's because the term has, in and of itself, come to mean "flying saucer."  I opt for the term "OFO's," for Odd Flying Objects.  One last thing:  I was twelve years old when I got Adamsky's book.  I knew immediately he was a fraud.  -- Bruce David/Swapsale

Good Morning Bruce,

Just got in from Chicago and had this very nice Commander Corry shirt in my in-box.

Hey buddy, it’s great and I really appreciate it.  Hats off to your boy who’s not in the T-shirt business.  This is very cool.

And listen, if it took 20 shots to get just the right “picture” - that’s okay.  It’s the business right?!!!  Actually, you look very “commanding” decked out in shirt and belt!

I think this will be a very popular item for you.

Thanks again my friend,
   Warren

xanaduwhc@yahoo.com

Posted 3-2-08

WHERE WERE YOU IN '67?

For one thing, working 70 hours a week for very little pay and hating every minute of it but that's what happens when some family member thinks they can run a business but don't know jack.

But I was also starting an interest that would be another lifelong passion. Now must persons think of me as being the other dude who's "stuck in the '50's" or the major Ayn Randian. While both are true. I have another major interest.

Give it a go if you dig the Classic and Progressive Rock sounds of the Moog, Farfisa, ARP and thoe 12-string guitar

space_patroller@verizon.net

Bruce, that new *silk screened* Space Patrol shirt is one of the nicest products made. I REALLY like the way it's designed! This is a definite five star item!

Thanks so much!!!

Elliott Swanson, Bremerton, Washington

Elliott is an awesome designer of repro Space Patrol items including the Space Patrol holster and gun  belt sold on this site.

In a message dated 2/2/2008 2:32:28 PM Pacific Standard Time, jeannoel@earthlink.net writes:

Thanks so much for bringing this one [the Space Patrol shirt] back into the Galaxy! It fills a huge gap in Space Patrol gear, which we've all missed. Remember the guy who says in the Space Patrol book that he wore his “long-sleeved Commander Corry T-shirt” until it fell apart?

Hey, now he can get a re-issue. And it looks so cool on the hanger, too, like it's a uniform. Oops, I got carried away... Anyway, you're the best. Thanks!

Jean-Noel Bassior

jeannoel@earthlink.net

Jean Noel Bassior is the author of Space Patrol: Mission of Daring in the Name of Early Television.  You can order it from:  www.mcfarlandpub.com or call 800) 253 2187

-----------------------------------------------

Bruce,

Thanks for this page.  I haven't clicked them all yet, but spent some time last night with the Moonglows who were my favorite doowop group.  I loved the lead singer's voice, and their songs stand out in my mind.  The one big exception to this was the Penguins fabulous Earth Angel --of which I have a distinct memory of being in your house on West Main Street listening to.

This is so great having a single place to go to to listen to this stuff.

I have tremendous memories of Alan Freed's shows at the NY and Brooklyn Paramounts.  One in particular of Bo Diddley starting I'm a Man off-stage left then playing himself to center stage in his red and black plaid sportcoat and black pants.  Audience went wild, standing on seats, jumping to the beat --I thought the balcony might come down.

I remember listening to many of these things with you after school when you lived on one of the streets off Myrtle Ave. (can't remember the name).

Thanks again for setting this up.

Jim

jimculleny@comcast.net

Jim is an old friend whose writings can be found at: http://noutopia.com/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank goodness there's no fire at my place
this year! My place has already been on the
news twice for devastating fires, in the past
5 years. One of them scorched about 28 acres,
and was held at bay on the ridge directly over my house
(we were evacuated). The other started just 4 lots
down the street from my house (fortunately the wind
blew the flames away from my home).

It seems Southern California is getting
hit by fire storms every couple years, now.
With Santa Anna winds, El Nino rains, & killers bees.
It's starting to feel like we are living
in biblical times or something.

-- Brian

11-08-07

(email address withheld on request)

Hi Bruce:

Like yourself we were evacuated last Monday morning from our home and came back to find it was miraculously saved by the firefighters (the fire burned right up to our back yard).   Most of our neighbors a couple blocks away were not so fortunate.

Very happy to read you and your family are OK.

Sincerely,
Sal LaManna

Sjlamanna

COMMANDER BUZZ CORRY'S LAST FLIGHT

Hi Cadets,

Ed Kemmer wanted his ashes scattered from a plane, so a few weeks ago,
his younger son Todd set out to do this with a friend who's a pilot.
Todd loved planes as a kid, but as he grew older, he didn't care for
them much and after takeoff, he felt scared - especially since this was
a small plane. Then, he says, for some reason, a sense of calm came over
him and he wasn't scared at all. In fact, at one point, much to his
surprise, he felt a strange kind of confidence, took the controls, and
actually flew the plane.

I believe that Ed was happiest when he was flying. Thinking back, I
remember that one of his favorite stories was about how he was the first
cadet in his class to solo during his Air Corps flight training in San
Antonio.

His ashes were scattered over Fire Island in Long Island Sound.

jnb (11-06-05)

------------------------------------------------------------------

FROM WARREN CHANEY:

I heard Lion’s Gate is taking another look at a feature film using  Captain Marvel (the real one).

(11-1-05)
----------------------------

MIKE AND KIM ELMO AT SWAPSALE'S SECRET MOUNTAIN TOP RETREAT

Mike and Kim Elmo, Bruce David (Swapsale) and wife Wendy

SolarGuard member and the man behind the terrific Space Patrol/Tom Corbett/Rocky Jones jackets, shirts and caps (Sci-Fi Apparel) came to visit us with his wonderful wife Kim last Saturday evening.  They are a great couple, fun to hang out with.  When we weren't talking about the old TV shows we worked on solving  questions about quantum physics and the nature of space/time.  I'll tell you this, it was no easy task keeping up with Mike on those matters.  Of course he cheats:  he remembers absolutely everything he has ever read or heard.  No fair, Mike. -- Bruce David/Oct. 22, 2005

FROM MAJOR CHUCK OF THE SOLARGUARD (9-9-05)

Tom Corbett lunch box in space!  For real!

Hi, Bruce-

Thought you might want to add these photos to the story of Steve Robinson and his orbiting lunch box!  This is what I was referring to in my comment about seeing it on Fox news.  Cool, eh?

Thanks for publishing the TC comic strips, too!

Chuck

csl41@comcast.net

THE SOLAR GUARD CAN BE FOUND AT: www.SolarGuard.com

------------------------------

FROM FRANKIE THOMAS

This is by far the best shot of lunchbox I have seen. If you have one or more the value has increased. Spaceman's Luck. Frankie.
----